Monday, November 02, 2009

Meeting Elise

The weather was so nice last week that I decided to take Katelin to the city park on Monday and Friday. When we go in the mornings most of the children are around her age, not old enough to go to preschool yet, so it is much easier to watch her and I don't have to worry about her getting "run over" by the bigger kids. On Monday a very friendly girl was at the park helping take care of a relative. She did her best to practice her English with me and we were able to learn a lot about each other over the hour we were there. Elise is a college student in Taipei and was excited to learn that I was a Christian because she is too. Just before we parted though, she began talking about having a girlfriend. I didn't think much about it except that she seemed to be feeling me out on the subject. I asked a few questions to help me understand what she was really telling me and found out that she really did mean she is in a homosexual relationship. She went on to explain that since men are so bad she and her girlfriend decided to try out homosexuality. We didn't have time to talk about the subject but she was very interested in coming to church and/or Bible study. I think she would like to know what the Bible says about these things and I hope I get the opportunity to share with her.

No comments: