Last Sunday we decided to take a family outing and go to 101 for Chili's and the Page One book store. Kirstie was sure that she needed to wear underwear so Allen and I decided we might as well take the plunge. We packed all the necessities expecting her to have an accident somewhere in the high class designer shopping area. I wonder why no one has invented a portable, "Caution, Wet Floor" sign for families to take along when they are potty training. We had a great evening and Kirstie used 3 different bathrooms while we were out, she didn't miss a beat! We returned home and she was wearing the same underwear she started with! Since then she has stopped wearing diapers almost completely. So far nap times have even been successful! We are hoping this progress sticks.
Tonight as I was just sitting down to write, Kirstie, who was supposed to be in bed, came in and curled up on my lap being as sweet as she could be. She then started inspecting my face, touched to a freckle on my nose and said with a bewildered tone,"You have a gruise right there." (She meant bruise.) Then before I could stop her she stuck her finger in my nose and said, "I see a hair in there." Nothing gets past her! She is quick to give kisses whenever she sees any sort of blemish or broken skin.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment