Stickers, Mentos, any form of chocolate. They are all incentives we have used to encourage Kirstie in her potty training. She makes me feel so proud with any sign of progress. She does well remembering to go even if she is wearing a diaper but if I can convince her to put on her underwear she is even more careful, sometimes running to the bathroom every 5 minutes. The other day she had two accidents in a row and cried because she was so embarrassed about it. Now whenever I suggest that she put on her pretty underwear she tells me, "That's when I spill." She is convinced that pull-ups are a much better option. We have picked up the song, "Accidents Happen," from her Elmo potty training video and that has helped a ton. Her favorite part of going to the bathroom is washing her hands. You can see why . . .
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Potty Time
Stickers, Mentos, any form of chocolate. They are all incentives we have used to encourage Kirstie in her potty training. She makes me feel so proud with any sign of progress. She does well remembering to go even if she is wearing a diaper but if I can convince her to put on her underwear she is even more careful, sometimes running to the bathroom every 5 minutes. The other day she had two accidents in a row and cried because she was so embarrassed about it. Now whenever I suggest that she put on her pretty underwear she tells me, "That's when I spill." She is convinced that pull-ups are a much better option. We have picked up the song, "Accidents Happen," from her Elmo potty training video and that has helped a ton. Her favorite part of going to the bathroom is washing her hands. You can see why . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! And here I thought I was the only cousin nerdy enough to have a blog :) Kirsti is so beautiful and she's grown up SO much since I saw her last! We're keeping you and Allen and your precious family in our prayers. It takes courage, faith and endurance to do what you are doing.
Kirsti will get the hang of it. Grace still has accidents at night. She just doesn't wake up until after she goes. Apparently it's not unusual. I'm looking forward to reading through the rest of your entries!
Oh potty traning! We have the Elmo potty video also. Hunter used to love Elmo, and then all of a sudden once we started the video in hopes to get him thinking of potty traning he started to dislike him. Now that he's potty trained he's back to liking him again. Hope the traning is quick and painless for you!
Post a Comment