We were on a team retreat when my dad called to tell me that Aunt Sherill had passed away. She and her battle with breast cancer was the reason for many fervent prayers over the years and especially more recently as the fight grew tougher. When I think of Aunt Sherill I see peace instead of struggle. She brought glory to God through her example of joy and gentleness and her beautiful, quiet spirit. I am so proud of all of my aunts and uncles. It is an honor to be a part of this family and to have so many loved ones to pattern my life after.
After the phone call I went into our hotel room to check on my sleeping daughters. Kirstie was still awake and reached out her arms to give me a hug and a kiss on my cheek. I felt overwhelmingly thankful for the lives of my own loved ones. Sherill's life, just like my mom's and Sharon's, was a gift from God to us. We are all made in His image and any love that we receive from others is love that is coming from God Himself.
3 comments:
Cherry, I love reading your thoughts on family and love. Your hand look beautiful next to your daughter's hand and I was thinking of you and Molly today as I looked at members of your family. There is such a tight bond among the Johnsons.
I wish, like Kirstie, that we could drive to heaven!
Wouldn't that be nice if we could just drive to Heaven!
So special that you were wearing pink along with the rest of us...
Let's go! There's getting to be more and more reasons to drive there! I love the hands and the pink nail polish. It was the exact color many of us were wearing:)
Post a Comment