Friday, November 21, 2008

Johnson Family Reunion


The month of October brought the annual Johnson Family Reunion with it. We booked a different facility this year. I appreciated being in a lodge with a living room, kitchen, meeting room, and sleeping quarters. For me it meant that I could still hang out with people after the kids went to bed or during their naps. There were several families that had to cancel at the last minute due to sickness which was a bummer. Every individual that comes adds a new dynamic to the get-together. This year Aunt Kristin surprised us with a collection of crochetted dish towels that Grandma has done over the last few years and a collection of pillow cases that Grandma's helper had made by quilting Grandpa's ties with coordinating fabric. What a sweet and heart-felt gesture for this young woman to spend so much time on the pillows - she's not even related! The towels were for the granddaughters and pillows for the grandsons. We enjoyed meeting some new young family members and remembering with aunts and uncles and cousins. I am always touched hearing Grandma sing hymns. She is often confused about who she came with or when she ate last, but the familiar songs about Jesus seem to come to mind so easily. It is good to remember to pray for her in these last days and also to pray for everyone who continues to love and care for her.

The pictures are of Kirstie and her new friend Kyndal and the family's newly engaged couple Erin and Jacob.

3 comments:

Nette said...

Oh, those girls look so sweet together (like their mothers) and Erin looks really content, in love.

Aunt J said...

Erin is very happy! She was a beautiful bride and smiled continuously. God's presence was there everywhere. I wish you could have been hooked up via twitter or whatever it is so you could have been there too:)

Cherry said...

Aunt J,
I am very sad to have missed Erin's wedding. Why didn't I think of hooking up to the internet to see it! I looked at some pictures on Betsy's blog. She looked sooooo beautiful! Even in the pictures I could tell how radiant she was, I'm sure because God was there blessing their marriage. Everything looked perfect - I should have had you guys plan my wedding :)