Friday, October 31, 2008

A Weekend With Family

I have some serious catching up to do. I have debated whether to blog about what has happened this past month or just move on to present time, but as I was looking back at pictures I was convinced that we made too many pleasant memories to skip over them. So I hope you enjoy this glance at our month of October.


We were able to spend a weekend with my brother and his family. We had a fun supper roasting hot dogs and making smores around a fire on their patio. The adults managed to squeeze in a rousing game of Pinochle; the girls nearly pulling out another victory over the guys. So close. Alex and Susan live close to the Deana Rose Farmstead which is a very fun place for children. We went on Saturday and found the parking lot filled with booths highlighting safety. Even before we went into the park we picked up several free gifts, muffins, ice cream, and chocolate milk, and got to explore police cars, fire trucks, and ambulances. Inside the farmstead we saw an old school house and the kids got to pretend they were students sitting at the desks and writing on little slates. There were also several fun playgrounds and a small petting zoo where we were able to walk among goats and feed them.


2 comments:

Nette said...

I *love* goats, Cherry. It sounds like your highlights have been farm/animal/country related since you've been on sabbatical. It is a nice change from city life?!

Jodi said...

We love the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead. It's the place to go when we have family or friends in town. We were just there a few weeks ago and Asa really liked it.