We have been in the States for three weeks now.I feel that “jet lag” is an appropriate name for what we have been battling because it just seems to lag on and on and on, especially because of the 13 hour time difference between here and Taiwan.But praise the Lord, I think we have pushed through it and are adjusted now.
Last week we were at my Dad’s in Iowa.It was so much fun to be back in the home where I grew up.I watched and listened to Annie and Ali playing with Kirstie and it brought back so many memories.I would love to raise my children in the home where I grew up.Kirstie has been thrilled with the tree house, the trampoline, gathering eggs from the chickens, petting the kittens, riding the mules, and eating peaches that she picked herself.
Staying there last week helped us slow down.I was struck by the reality of how fast-paced we have been living in Taipei.I have noticed the slower pace not just on the farm but in several of the towns we have been in as well.I have also discovered how relaxing and quiet a mule ride through the country can be.It is addictive.
Cherry~ I love the descriptions of your time in Iowa. It sounds so peaceful and creative. What does Mai-Mai mean? Little sister? Am I even spelling it right?
Cherry, welcome back! I know what you mean about the slower pace. Winn and I have been so much more relaxed since moving to the country this spring. Barns, chickens, apple trees...it's all so much fun! :)
Oh, I loved that house! I have great memories of time spent there. Your family was always so welcoming to all of us. Oh to be back in high school lying in sleeping bags on the floor and talking and singing into the wee hours of the morning. Wonderful memories!
4 comments:
The kids and I will be in Osky Thursday night till Sunday morning. Will you be around??? I would LOVE to see you!
Cherry~ I love the descriptions of your time in Iowa. It sounds so peaceful and creative.
What does Mai-Mai mean? Little sister? Am I even spelling it right?
~Nette
Cherry, welcome back! I know what you mean about the slower pace. Winn and I have been so much more relaxed since moving to the country this spring. Barns, chickens, apple trees...it's all so much fun! :)
Oh, I loved that house! I have great memories of time spent there. Your family was always so welcoming to all of us. Oh to be back in high school lying in sleeping bags on the floor and talking and singing into the wee hours of the morning. Wonderful memories!
Post a Comment