Friday, December 07, 2007

Katelin Jennie Messimer


Born: 12/07/2007
3.1kg - 49cm
We praise God for a quick and safe delivery! Cherry had just had a checkup and the doctor said the baby wasn't coming any time soon. That evening we left the house at 1am and Katelin was born just after 3am. Mommy and baby are both doing great. Allen's parents are here visiting from Mozambique and they have been a huge help providing Kirstie with extra care and attention. When Kirstie came to see the baby she couldn't decide whether to "hold dat" or open her "becoming a big sister" present. She ended up doing both at the same time. We can't wait to take Katelin home and we are so thankful for God's miracle of love.
We spelled Katelin with a "lin" for Allen's mom Linda and sister Heidi Lin. Her middle name Jennie is after Cherry's mom.

5 comments:

Jon Ralls said...

We are SO excited for you all! Praise God!

Nette said...

Everyone looks so happy! I love hearing how you decide on names and what they mean to you both.

Cherry~ You got to walk out of the hospital! I think here you still get carted out in a wheelchair.

Congratulations on a sister for Kirstie.

brentandsarah said...

Cherry and Alan,
Congrats on the new addition!!!! I hope all is going well with the transition to two. We are expecting our third in the begining of March. It was a huge suprise, but we are excited, and we are pretty sure its a girl.

Take care and congrats again!
Sarah Norman

Mary Poppins said...

Hi Cherry and Alan,
Congratulations on your new daughter! I can tell you firsthand how special it is to have two daughters. Enjoy every minute with them both ~ Mary Lester

brentandsarah said...

Cherry,
Glad you are reading the blog. Being an at home mom is definately a challenging job, so it does help knowing others going through it too. A lot of my friends are at the same place I am and it is extremely encoraging hearing their stories. My email address is brentandsarah@tds.net. We got the internet sometime last year, and I really like it. Oh, and about my moms comment, she means me, I am the favorite. :) jk!

Love,
Sarah