Linda is a faithful attender of the Wednesday night Bible study. It has been fun getting to know her more personally. She is always bringing special Chinese food items and often takes her vacation days to give us tours of Taiwan. Linda works as a High School English teacher and when she wants to take us on a trip, usually some of her students come along. This must mean she has respect and is liked; I can't think of many of my school teachers who I would have enjoyed spending my vacation with!
At the this past Wednesday night Bible study we went over John 17 and 18. Linda has already studied Mark and knows the gospel story. I am amazed by her understanding of the scriptures, I think it is evidence of the Holy Spirit in her search for truth. This night she asked about the word 'Gospel'. "It means good news, right? Why is it 'good news' to tell about Jesus's crucifiction? How can that be good?"
A thrill shot through me when she said this. What a joy to be able to tell why Jesus' death is good news! He "has destroyed death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel." (2 Timothy 1:10)
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praise God for Linda's questions and seeking! Glad to see you posting again!
SQJ
Post a Comment