Monday, November 21, 2005

Helpful Outings

Allen and I really appreciate any help that we get from the people of Taiwan, and we've received a lot: a demonstration on how to eat hot pot, a trip just to show us how to take buses, shopping for clothes, the list could go on and on.

One night after one of these helpful outings Allen and I were considering just how much we have been helped by people here and what a sacrifice it is for them. After all, there is a language barrier and they are taking whole days out of their schedule to help us, often insisting on paying for whatever we've done.

In the States I was used to seeing all kinds and colors of people and didn't think twice about it. I didn't consider that some of those people might be new to the country and might appreciate a friendly face and a little help. I would just like to encourage you to take advantage of the chance to bless someone who might be new in your area (they don't have to be from a different country). This Thanksgiving would be a great time to get started!

No comments: