Tonight while Allen was at Bible study and both girls were happy I decided to get out the camera and take pictures. Kirstie was sitting in her little rocking chair watching a movie while I tried to capture Katelin’s adorable smile. Snap, snap, snap . . . I was getting some good pictures until I heard Kirstie say, “Help, I’m stuck.” I looked up to see her struggling to get her head out from under the arm of her rocking chair. I didn’t think it was going to be difficult for me to get her unstuck, but after five minutes of trying, Kirstie started getting really scared and couldn’t stop crying about being stuck. She looked terrified and shocked and her head was getting hot and red. I decided to call Allen to come home and help. While we waited for him I gave Kirstie her beloved "bebe" (pacifier) and picked her and rocking chair up and around so that she could continue watching the movie. She calmed down with her bebe and the knowledge that Daddy was coming home to help. Though we probably could have wiggled her head free, she was already too traumatized for any butter or special maneuvering. Allen ended up breaking the arm off of the chair and all was well again. Here is Kirstie’s version of the story . . .
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are not prejudiced. We know that she is the cutest little almost three year old story teller ever. Papa and Nai Nai
Post a Comment